Austin's family has a tradition of the father making the costume - which is a sweet deal for me! This year he made Luke's skunk costume. Mom did a lot of the work, I have to admit. She sewed this jacket thing we bought from DI so it would fit Luke and had buttons. (Thanks a million mom!) Then Austin spray painted Luke's black hat and jacket with the stripes of a skunk. It was pretty cool although we had to turn Luke around at every place we went to trick or treat because you couldn't tell the costume from the front.
We started out the day by stopping at the library to trick or treat there and then went to grandma's shop to show Luke off and say hi, etc. She was doing some lady's hair and had no candy for Luke. We did, however, get the opportunity to sweep her walk and stairs before we left.
Later, we went to the trunk or treat at the church at 5pm and got some pretty good stuff. Then we headed out to the corn maze that my visiting teachee had given us tickets to. Before we went to the maze, we made sure to stop at a rich neighborhood for some more candy.
About 7pm we headed over to the corn maize and had fun getting lost and trying out their jumping pillow, seeing their animals and other stuff. Luke was so tired, he fell asleep on the way home. He got to go through his candy this morning though (after we had already taken our percentage). Anyway, it was really fun!
3 comments:
I loved the pumpkin and the costume and the boy. Love Mom
Ummmmm......is this Luke???? I dont even recognize him. I miss you guys soooo much. I may be abke to make it out there after all. Love ya
PS>........this is shawna. I am under my friends thing.
Post a Comment