Monday, November 5, 2007

Provo Par-T-V!

B & P's


Crazy Aunt Haley


The Goat Head Club


I mean an entire goat for a head!!!


Big and little Lukes


Please do not touch the animals...


Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Bean Museum



Bridal Veil Falls


I thought that YOU had baby Luke!?!?!



Clash of the titans


Cousin Power


Rise and Shout!!!


Luke also couldn't believe the poor pocket awareness of Max Hall. Come On!!!


Half time nap


I'm dreaming of a MWC Championship





We had a quite time in Provo over the weekend. We drove down with Joel's family - which is always fun to switch passengers and drivers, etc. We also had Derek and that was fun! We called Bethany and Paul on the way to Provo and they were nice enough to let us stay on Thursday and Friday night. We dropped Derek off in Orem at his buddy's house and then got some dinner at Subway and picked up Haley and headed to Bethany's house (Ash had tons of homework stuff). We had pretty good talks although we were all pretty wasted. The next morning Luke and I got up at 6am to go running with Haley at the indoor track. It was fun and we had a great talk. Then I dropped Haley off and went back to Bethany's. Bethany, Austin, Luke and I got ready while waiting for Joel's family to drive from Salt Lake, where they stayed the night. When they got to Provo we went to the Bean Musuem (glorified stuffed animals and home of the Liger - bred for its skills and magic). After the museum we all met Ashley at the Legend's Grill - a fancy restaurant on campus (although the food didn't taste fancy) where mostly athletes eat. We saw tons of athletes and a great museum of BYU sports was attached for free. Austin and Joel and kids also went to visit Bronco (BYU head coach) but he was out to lunch or something. The best part about that place was that when we got there they were raffling off tickets for the game the next day. Austin got his name in at the last second and they picked us for free tickets! We were pretty happy because that saved us some money and hassle.
After lunch we went to Haley's school and picked her up and saw her class and stuff. It was very impressive and fun and we met some of her coworkers and stuff. She was glad to get out of a meeting because we were there. We took her with us to Bridal Veil Falls up the Provo Canyon. It was cold but pretty. There was no hiking involved although that is what we were promised. Luke was napping though so I didn't mind.
After the falls, we dropped Bethany off for her date with her hubby and then we headed to the bookstore. We bought nothing although Haley fell in love with some mug (and I do mean a cup not a guy) that had her named spelled correctly on it for $8. Joel's family got some goods though I think.
After the bookstore, Joel and Austin played 3 hours of football with the boy cousins while Melanie and I and kids, went to Cannon and Amanda's to prepare for the party. Most married cousins came and a few single cousins. It was really fun and great to see everyone. We left a little early though because Luke was so tired.
The next morning I went and got Haley and Ashley (after I woke them up) for a pancake breakfast at Bethany's house. It was fun and so, so good. We stuffed ourselves with delicious blueberry pancakes. Afterwards, Haley and Ash ran home and we got packed up and went to visit Joe and Betty. Only, Joe wasn't home and Betty was in her nightgown (a site we were quite used to however). It was a fun visit. Afterwards, we picked up Ash and headed to the game. We bundled Luke in tons of warm clothes, blankets and gloves although we forgot pants for Austin (he had only shorts) and no coat for me. But it was fine and fun. Luke was so cozy he just fell right to sleep during his first live BYU game. After half-time, we went and sat with all the cousins and Haley, Derek, Bethany and Paul. It was fun to talk to them.
After we killed CSU, we took Derek, grabbed a bit to eat and headed home. All in all, we're glad we went. Especially because Austin just got a new job at RC Willey and starts on Thursday so we don't think we'll be heading to Provo again very soon. Thanks to everyone who showed us such a great time in Provo and gave up their weekend to spend time with us!

2 comments:

Kustin and Jelsey said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I can't believe your scored those free tickets.

Who-steen

Flake Family said...

Does this new job mean you're not coming at THanksgiving? What does he do there?
-Bethany