
Plan B was bowling but we were so glad we went to the Special Olympics first. It was completely free, and the floor hockey (which is what we wanted to see) was literally a 4 minute drive from our home. Without a doubt the coolest thing about the Olympics was seeing people from all over the world. When we first got there Luke and I were standing shoulder to shoulder with the floor hockey team from Malaysia. The teams we saw there were Afghanistan, Kuwait, Jordan, Costa Rica, Japan, The Isle of Man, Malaysia, Austria, Hungary, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Argentina, Uruguay, USA, South Africa, Gibraltar, Honduras, Australia, and Jamaica, and we were only there for one hour. You can definitely see why the Olympic spirit is so infectious. There was so much energy in the arena. There were some crazy Austrian fans (they came from Austria for the Special Olympics) behind us that were screaming and banging things. It was a fun wild time.

South Africa getting ready

the Kuaiti guys getting pumped up and ready to play South Africa

Costa Rica (white with blue trim) vs. Austria (red with white trim ) Austria won 3-2 on a last second goal. It was a really exciting game.

Luke and I tried to get a little closer to the action. There was definitely a lot of excitement in the building.

Jensen somberly ponders the lost opportunities of the 2008 BYU football season

Of course we had to get Luke all dolled up to go to the Special Olympics

Every morning could turn into a fashion shoot when you've got the style that these two do!

Jensen got tired just watching the Olympics
4 comments:
You look skinny and I like your hair the lighter color. Maybe you should leave it that color!
Heather- That is cool, I wish that I could come. oh by the way, nice pictures...
-cass
Hi there! How are you guys doing? Everyone looks great. Hey do me a favor and tell your dad that I would love to keep in touch through their blog, if he's interested. Here's my email address since he's private.
bekahtowers@gmail.com
I wish we would have checked out floor hockey since it was so close!! Looks like it was fun!
Post a Comment