Sunday, April 26, 2009

your mom goes to college!

Along with the almost constant prodding of my mother, this fine woman helped me accomplish my goal of attaining a bachelor's degree in just nine short years!!!

This sign always makes me think of playing basketball with a ball that looks like planet earth. Imagine me taking it hard to the rack for a two handed jam. Whoops, Derek Flake, was that your finger I just heard snap off between the ball and the rim as I posterized you!!! WHAT!!!
Jensen got very emotional about graduation...

Cecil and the fam. (Mom and Dad Kramer this is Cecil O. Samuelson, the President of BYU) You can't see it here but Cecil has his hand on my back and Heather put her and on top of his for what Heather said must have been 5 seconds before she realized what was going on. Everybody got more than they bargained for.


Dad had these kids eating outta the plam of his hand....at least until we tried to put them into their grad get-ups


Tradition Spirit Honor Paul Gabrielsen Austin Kramer
(this should be next years football slogan)
Am I really that freakishly tall? Note to self: next time, custom order low profile graduation cap!


Hi MOM


Hey kid... get outta the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

You can't tell in this picture, but I am totally housing my pants underneath

This picture pretty much sums up the day of convocation. All of us were tired and weary from work, driving, walking, pictures, and all of the hoop jumping. We were all just looking forward to achieving our goal...being done, or in Luke's case redeeming that ice cream voucher! Jence protested the day's events with a consciousness strike.



Don't get between this kid and his ampa (Luke speak for grandpa). BFFs

TOO CLOSE !!! At this point dad had had it with all the paparazzi. Physical retaliation ensued.


All were happy when it was finally over. Also, a little hungry.
Some more than others.


Life Sciences Convocation
I could hear tons of people including professors and administrators on the stand making a fuss about how cute Lukie was. I was a proud papa for a lot of reasons! Mom Flake made the gowns and bought the caps for the boys, they were the talk of the graduation.



the calling of the name



For some strange reason, this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen (as is evident in the video). This actually happened last time we were coming back from Utah after General Conference. We were bored and had this kids CD. I guess little kids like techno too, because it was on there, and Luke loved it. At one point in the video, I have my hand on my face in order to physically pry my eyes open. The tears from laughing made it impossible for me to see. I almost pulled over because I was laughing so hard I could not see anything. Even watching the video now still makes me laugh till I cry. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!!! Do you have anymore of Luke and Jensen in their grad gear??? I also have an article to send your way about "sagging." And is Jensen chewing on your diploma???????? And lastly.....thanks for not telling me about your graduation!!!??

Shawna

Rebekah said...

That video is priceless! You should send it into America's funniest home videos. Never know... could when alot of money. :) Don't ya just love kids? :)

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

That is so funny! Congrats on Graduating! Looks like you guys had quite the trip. Are you guys going to the reunion? Since it seem impossible to see each other here in the valley maybe we could meet up in Utah! Your family is so cute!

Renee said...

Congrats on your graduation, Austin! Those outfits were adorable! :)

Ok, that video totally made me laugh!