Monday, January 26, 2009

True Athletes

This is Jensen's outfit when we play baseball and when I say "we" I mean the whole family. We usually play in our living room with Austin pitching, Luke batting and Jensen and I play outfield (though Jensen "pitched" today after lunch). It's pretty fun. Luke even insists that Jensen wears a glove. Luke actually hits the ball about 50% of the time.
The other day Austin decided to make a hockey goalie mask for Luke. I am always amazed that Austin can do/make whatever he sets his mind to. Seriously, it's incredible. He made this mask out of an old box, some string, rubber bands, some other thing that I can't remember what it's called and an old coat hanger - put it all together and you get this creation! It fits perfectly on Luke and he LOVES it! Why do we ever buy him gifts? Jensen can also fit it too since he is more than half Luke's size.
Jensen is SERIOUS about his career as an NHL goalie. I can already see myself as a hockey mom. (That's definitely something Austin has always wanted to hear me say...but I openly hope never happens.)
Luke is acuaully pretty good at stopping the puck, but prefers much more to play a different position.

Some might say I'm a little biased, but I think Luke has some real skills at most sports. He LOVES all sports and is really good at them for a two year old. These videos prove my point...

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Cute boys. But I don't have the slightest idea what a hockey mask is SUPPOSED to look like, so don't know if Austin's creation is any good.
-Bethany

Flake Family said...

Heather-ie-o- Good blog. Happy now?
-cassidy

Smith Clan said...

Luke is amazing! He should give Caleb some sporting tips.