the tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the minnow would be lost!
To keep things adventuresome (Bear Grylls style), we used a piece of wood siding that had washed ashore as our paddle.
Exhibits A and B: photographic evidence that prove we are in fact grits! aka: rednecks.
We had an awsome time with Joel and Melanie's family at Silver Creek Plunge. We got there at 9:30 am on friday and set up camp. That was followed by bike races. I rode Ammon's bike and developed a heated rivalry with Wesley in a series of four races in which either he or I cheated in every single race. We fished for hours. It was fantastic. I (Austin "Bass Master" Kramer) caught 5 enormous trout (the biggest of which was 6 inches long). This is the point when the first of our party experienced the biting cold of the creek. Luke threw Joel's kids footballs into the creek and since Heather was closest, I yelled "Get it get it get it!!!!!!!" and in she went. She thought it would be up to her shins but she actually sunk to her belly button. I fell over laughing. We messed around in the river and did simulated white water rafting for the kids at first, and then the real thing. Over the course of two days, I think we made 6 trips down the river. I think the trip was about 5 minutes, but there were som pretty fun rapids. We had great buddy dinners by Melanie and then went swimming at the hot pool. It rained a little that night but we were all cozy in our tents and all slept well. In the morning, more rafting and fishing and then the worst part of camping cleaning all the stuff up and going home to put it all away. We had a ton of fun! Thanks so much to Joel and Melanie for bringing us in on their family tradition of their annual trip to Silver Creek!


2 comments:
We loved it too! Lets do it again next summer. Love the pictures, we can't wait to get a cd with all of them so we can print some out for posterity.
Melanie
Heather, You've got stuff on your face.
Post a Comment