Saturday, June 21, 2008

Boise Hawks baseball!



Austin won an incentive from Gemtek for 2 baseball tickets to the Boise Hawks team here. Austin says they're about 3 levels lower than the major leagues, but I'm not sure what they're division is called. Anyway, we were glad to have seats with backs on them. We headed over to the game about 1/2 hour before it started because they were giving away free hats and we wanted to get one. But of course we missed out on that so we were just there early. The game went from 7:15pm to about 10:30pm with fireworks afterwards that lasted about 20 minutes. Luke was wasted when it was over, but it was fun. He was REALLY good watching the game and even screamed at the pitcher a few times. It was funny, everyone around us was laughing but I guess you had to be there. About the 7th inning, I took Luke to stretch our legs. We saw a big group of kids about to go out on the field with the announcer so I thought, "What the heck, let's join this group of kids. What they are doing can't be too complicated (although I had no idea what they were doing) plus, it would be funny to surprise Austin." So we went out on the field with this group and it turns out they were just singing "Take me out to the ball game" so it wasn't a big deal. We waved to Austin, but he never saw us. Oh well. Pretty fun night.

1 comment:

Flake Family said...

Heather- That is cool about the baseball game.
-cass